The Standard User Role Explainedadmin
The user who is assigned the role of standard user, with optional use of cash coding and reports can fully access Clickentry. A Clickentry subscriber is assigned the standard user role by default.
About the Standard User Role
You can assign this user role to the business owners or the admin staff. It suits them who manage day-to-day tasks in your organisation. It gives them almost full access to the Clickentry organisation. This user role is much the same as the advisory user role, except If you have the ability to manage users permissions then you can give optional access to a standard user for cash coding and reports. They can also manage an organisation’s settings, but with some restrictions.
Things you can manage with a standard user role:
- You can access bank accounts and get the ability to reconcile transactions.
- You get access to create invoices, quotes, bills, purchase orders, and credit notes.
- You get access to inventory, contacts and fixed assets.
- You get permission to manage some settings including invoice branding, chart of accounts, conversion balances and files.
Additional Permissions for a Standard User
Cash Coding or Non-cash Coding
You can assign the cash coding permission to a standard user if only your organisation is on a pricing plan that includes cash coding. After getting this permission, a standard user can access to reconcile statement lines in bulk. The non-cash coding permission is selected by default.
By default, a standard user is given access to run reports. But this permission may have been removed from their user role if required.
Things you can manage with this permission
- You can view and run most of the reports, including those with foreign currencies.
- It gives you access to save reports as a template and export new reports.
- You can print and export older reports as well.
- You get access to create report layouts
- You can access manual journals from the Journal Report
- You can view reports created by someone with the adviser user role
- You can publish the Sales Tax Report and Bank Reconciliation Summary.
- You can enter and view budgets.
In contrast to the advisor user role, the standard user is unable to save the draft or publish reports. Sales Tax Report and the Bank Reconciliation Summary are the only exceptions.
If a standard user is not given permission to view and run reports, he can’t access the budget manager or manual journals, but can run the Bank Reconciliation Summary and Contact reports.
Bank Account Admin
With this permission, the user can edit bank account details for contacts. By default, a standard user won’t have this permission.
With manage user permission a standard user can invite new users, edit an existing user’s role or delete a user. By default, they won’t have this permission.