Record a Prepaymentadmin
- You can record a Prepayment when a payment is made in advance of :
- An invoice being raised for your customer.
- A bill being received from your supplier.
- Clickentry allows you to enter a prepayment in your bank account or during bank reconciliation, as a type of Spend Money or Receive Money transaction.
About Prepayments in Clickentry
Clickentrt does not have the provision of multi-currency for prepayments. It only allows prepayments in bank accounts that are in your base currency.
Add a Prepayment in your Bank Account
Follow this way if prepayment has not yet come through to your Clickentry bank account.
- In the Account menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Go to the required bank account and click on Manage Account.
- Select Receive Money or Spend Money option.
- Select the Prepayment option from the given Payment options at the top right.
- Enter the required information in the transaction fields.
- Click on the Save button.
When the prepayment gets recorded in your Clickentry bank account, you can reconcile it to this transaction.
Add a Prepayment During Bank Reconciliation
If the prepayment has been recorded to your Clickentry bank account then you can create the matching transaction this way.
- Open the bank reconciliation screen.
- Click on the Add Details button next to the bank statement line you want to reconcile.
- Next to Received as or Spent as, select the Prepayment option.
- Enter all the transaction details in the transaction fields.
- Click on the Save Transaction button.
- Now click on Reconcile.