Edit a Spend or Receive Money Transactionadmin
- Under all Account Transactions tab of your bank accounts, you can edit the spend money transactions or receive money transactions.
- No matter if the transactions are reconciled or unreconciled, you can Clickentry allows you to edit all fields.
What you Need to Know
- While editing the transaction, make sure any edited line amount must add up to the same amount as of the original reconciled item.
- If you want to make changes that will affect the total then just delete it using Remove & Redo(Link).
- Deleted or Archived account and tracking category that has been used previously will no longer be available to select.
- If a transaction is about the purchase of a fixed asset then you need to create a fixed asset from the transaction.
- You need to be careful while editing the tax rate. It can make an impact on the transaction amount or the amount of tax, it will subsequently impact sales tax reports that you’ve already submitted to your tax authority.
Edit a Transaction
- In the Account menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Go to the required bank account.
- Click on the Manage Account dropdown button and select Account Transactions option under Find.
- Find & open the transaction you want to edit.
- Click on the Options dropdown button and then select the Edit Transaction option.
- Edit the required fields.
- Add a note if required.
- Click on the Update button.