Reconcile Statement Lines in Bulkadmin
- Using cash coding you can reconcile statement lines in bulk.
- Cash coding is not suitable if the transaction is already recorded in Clickentry as it creates new Receive or Spend Money transactions for cash payments.
About Cash Coding
- To use cash coding, you must have the adviser or standard + cash coding user role.
- You should not use the cash coding if a transaction is already entered in Clickentry so that you can avoid creating duplicate transactions.
Access Cash Coding
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank accounts.
- Go to the bank account for which you want to reconcile the statement lines.
- Click on the Reconcile xx items link for the bank account you want to reconcile.
- Click on the Cash Coding button.
Apply Bank Rules Using Cash Coding
If a statement line is pre-populated with the Description, Account and Tax Rate fields, it means a bank rule is applied to it.
- On the cash coding screen, select the checkbox next to each bank statement line where a bank rule is applied.
- Click on the Save & Reconcile Selected button.
Enter Details Manually Using Cash Coding
- You can fill out the relevant fields manually for the remaining statement lines and reconcile them in bulk.
- When you enter the details manually then the fields like the Payee, Description and any tracking aren’t mandatory. If you don’t enter a payee then Clickentry will create the account transaction against a contact named Unknown.
- If you want to allocate a statement line to different accounts then you can split the statement line or create a new bank rule for it.