Fix an Incorrectly Reconciled Bank Statement Lineadmin
You can delete or unreconcile the account transaction if you have reconciled it to the wrong transaction. Then you can reconcile it again.
How It Works
If you have reconciled a bill or an invoice but still it is been showing as awaiting payment then it’s likely that you have reconciled the statement line with a receive or spend money transaction instead of with the invoice or bill. It can show an incorrect balance with duplicate transactions in Clickentry. You can fix this by finding the statement line for the payment and then delete the incorrectly created transaction. If you have reconciled a statement line with the incorrect payment then you can simply unreconcile the transaction instead and then reconcile it with the correct one or delete the payment. Once the transaction is deleted or unreconciled then you can reconcile the statement line again.
Unreconcile or Delete the transaction
The payment of an invoice or bill will always show as Payment: XXX. But if the payment is made to receive or spend money transaction then the contact name will display.
- Look into the bank reconciliation details for the statement line.
- Clicking on the account transaction on the right side will open it.
- If the statement line is reconciled against a spend or receive money transaction instead of an invoice or bill payment then click on the Options drop-down and select Remove & Redo to delete the payment.
- If it’s reconciled against an incorrect invoice or bill payment then click on the Options dropdown and select Unreconcile. It will make the invoice or bill payment ready to reconcile to the correct statement line or select the Remove & Redo option to delete the transaction.
- Reconcile the statement line to the correct payment when it is ready to reconcile again.