Reconcile a Statement Line to Invoice and Cash Paymentsadmin
Using Find & Match, you can reconcile a statement line that includes payment for an invoice or bill entered into Clickentry. You can also reconcile the cash payments not yet entered.
What You Need to Know
- Using Find & Match, you need to reconcile a bank statement line in Clickentry against an existing invoice or bill. After this, you need to create a new Spend Money or Receive Money transaction for the cash payment
- If the cash payment is in reference to a bill or invoice being overpaid then you have to record an overpayment during bank reconciliation.
- If the payment is related to an invoice or bill that is not yet created in Clickentry then you need to record a prepayment and apply it once the invoice or bill is created in Clickentry.
Reconcile the Statement Line
- In Accounts menu, select the Bank Accounts.
- Go to the relevant bank account and then click Reconcile xx items.
- Click on the Find & Match link corresponding to the bank statement line you want to reconcile.
- Find the required bill or invoice and then select the checkbox next to the matched statement line. You can search for a transaction by using name, reference or the amount.
- Click on the New Transaction dropdown button and select Spend Money or Receive Money option.
- Enter the details for the amounts that are not yet invoiced or billed.
- Click on the Save Transaction.
- Click on Reconcile.