How Invoice Reminders Workadmin
Invoice reminders are used to remind your customers either they have missed paying an invoice by its due date or when the invoice’s due date is approaching.
- Clickentry has set up four default reminders when you can turn on the invoice reminders. Overdue Reminders are sent out at 1, 7, 14 and 21 days after each invoice’s due date. Due in Reminders is sent out at 1, 7, 14, 21 days before each invoice’s due date approaches.
- You cannot add new reminders additionally but you can customize the default reminders.
- You can send Reminders to the particular contact or to all the contacts.
- If a customer responds to a reminder then the response will go to the login email of the person who has turned the reminders on.
What you can do with Reminders
After setting up the Reminders you can take the following actions:
- Edit the Reminders. For example, you can increase or decrease the number of days to the invoice reminders. You can also add supplementary payment details to the reminder message.
- You can turn these reminders on and off.
- You can stop the reminders going out to the contacts that are owing to an invoice below some fixed amount.
- An Invoice Reminder will not be generated in case:
- If reminders are off.
- If the due date has been changed, the Invoice isn’t marked as sent and a 7-day reminder is missed. However, CE will generate upcoming reminders based on the new due date.